Remember a few weeks ago when I shared this perfect pizza dough recipe? Well at the same time I also made this perfect pizza featuring roast beets, feta cheese, and arugula.
I have to admit, when we made pizza at home too often it turns into a basic cheese with some random vegetables tossed on. And while that's mighty tasty, taking a step back and realizing all the delightful combinations we can create is pretty great too.
Roasting the beets first brings out their sweetness and when you pair it the peppery arugula and salty feta then the flavour combination is basically one big party in your mouth. Yep, I said it. Party in your mouth. You're welcome.
We're keeping it short today so that you can get to this delicious pizza - I highly recommend that you do!
Roasted Beet, Feta, and Arugula Pizza
makes 2 pizzas
1 recipe pizza dough
2 medium beets, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup pizza sauce (this one works great)
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 bunch of arugula
- Heat oven to 400 F and roast beets until tender
- Divide remaining ingredients in half
- Roll out 1/2 recipe of pizza dough onto pizza stone, approximately 15 inches round
- Spread out pizza sauce and top with beets, feta, and arugula
- Bake at 400 - 425 F for 15-17 minutes (all ovens are different, I bake for about 17 minutes)
- Repeat with the second pizza
- Slice and enjoy!