It's been awhile since we've had a wide angle view of life around here, so let's get caught up on my recent day to day, shall we?
1. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a Black Sesame Ice Mountain. It's a literal mountain of shaved ice with a black sesame paste/syrup combination and a dollop of vanilla ice cream. It is a sensationally random dessert found at our new favourite dessert place (Dessert Story in Coastal City) and it is just the right amount of sweet.
2. A view of our street all dressed up for Chinese New Year!
3. & 4. A couple of views from our recent trip to Burma (Myanmar), with a full (few!) posts on that trip coming up next month!
5. Manicures in this town are cheap. I take advantage and have a little fun with it while I can.
6. In case you missed the memo ... CANADA WON THE GOLD IN MEN'S AND WOMEN'S HOCKEY! I'm not exactly a big watcher of sports, but when you live in China and come across a bar packed with other Canadians cheering on your home team... well, it's pretty exciting.
7. & 8. A sneak peak of what to expect on the blog next week - pizza!
So, that's me... what about you?