Guess what!? Other Half and I are currently travelling around Burma (Myanmar)! I've set this post to automatically go up, so don't think I'm holed up in a Burmese guesthouse writing. And while I can't tell you for certain, I think I can safely say that what I'm seeing on this trip is both beautiful and awe-inspiring. Can't wait to share it with you all!
A simple salad for the days when you just don't have the time, but don't want the feeling of a heavy belly from delivery. This is what this salad is. Super easy, super quick, and super tasty.
This salad was thought up the day after we were in Hong Kong, stuffing our faces with both Dim Sum and an Indian feast (no complaints here!). Even though we hiked for a good few hours in between those events, the next day we were still feeling like we should have something that's a bit more nourishing for the body, not just the soul.
This salad features nothing more than Edamame, corn, quinoa and my go to vinaigrette. The combination is both earthy and fresh. If you're in the vicinity of baby spinach, that would be a highly recommended addition.
Edamame, Corn, and Quinoa Salad
1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
1 1/2 cups edamame, shelled (save yourself the time and buy the pre-shelled stuff)
1 cup corn - fresh cooked, frozen or from a can, your choice!
1/4 balsamic vinaigrette, see below
- Cook the quinoa on the stove top (I generally cover the quinoa with about a 1/3 inch of water and let it go - if that makes you nervous, follow the package direction)
- Allow the quinoa to cool fully
- Mix all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and serve
For the Vinaigrette
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp grainy dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
4 Tbsp olive oil (evoo)
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a small jar, cover tightly with the lid and shake, shake, shake!
- Make sure to taste before using so you can adjust to your preferences