|photo via Om Yadav|
Let's have some real talk for a moment. Being a teacher is nothing like it looks from the outside. Yes, there's the lessons and the marking and the report cards, but there is also a sense of protectiveness and responsibility for what they learn and how they treat the people around them. And being a chaperone only magnifies these. Now, you're watching them in the real world outside of the bubble like confines of the school gates and hoping they are still learning lessons in exploratory ways. It turns them from students to humans and it's awesome. Not only that, but Nepal is life list destination for me, and better yet I get to go as part of my job. Seriously, how cool is that? (Answer: Super cool)
While I'm away, why not peruse through some oldies, but goodies? Here's a collection of some of my favourite recipes and posts!
- Meat eater? I used to be too, and this pulled pork is other worldly. After, you can make these enchiladas while throwing yourself a homemade fiesta.
- This healthier Green Goddess dressing is something else, and really takes these quinoa cakes to a whole other level - bonus: the dressing can easily be made vegan!
- There's also the time we made these Browned Butter Brown Sugar Brownies - dense, fudgey, perfect!
- Have you been to British Colombia in Canada? If not, you should go. If so, you should go again. It's amazing and both Victoria and Vancouver have so much to offer!
- Living in Asia has afforded us a lot of really great travel opportunities. To this day, Cambodia remains one of my favourite countries. It's rich in culture and flavour and the people are seriously great. If you go, check out Phnom Penh and Siem Reap - both totally worthy stops.
- Also Laos. Seriously wow. Vientiane, Vang Vieng, and Luang Prabang. All so unique, and all so inspiring.